As a subset of its civil/marine work, SCI specialises in the design and
manufacture of floating marina systems incorporating precast concrete
pontoons. The company has been involved in many floating pontoon
projects over the past 23 years, during which time SCI has become an
acknowledged leader in this area. It is a matter of record that the
company was represented on the drafting committee of the recently
published recommended practice, Performance Criteria for Concrete in
Marine Environments published by the Concrete Institute of Australia.
SCI continually develops specialised concretes at the very high
strength, high durability end of the concrete spectrum. The company
has developed and is currently producing concrete components to
meet a 100-year life cycle requirement for structures in a marine environment. This technology involves the use of specially selected raw materials together with state-of-the-art shrinkage minimisation
techniques to ensure concrete durability.
Sample Project List
- 43 berth boat harbour at Coffs Harbour for NSW PWD
- 15 berth marina at Sylvania Waters – Georges River
- Recreational boating pontoon system for Eurobodalla Shire
- Boat mooring facility for Manning River SES
- Flotation breakwater and servicing pontoon system for Sydney Amateur Sailing Club – Sydney Harbour
- 50 berth marina facility for Gibson Marina – Pittwater NSW
- 16 berth marina facility for super yachts – Pyrmont, Sydney harbour
- Fixed wave wall and floating marina for Royal Australian Navy small ships at Garden Island – Sydney Harbour
- Numerous domestic flotation facilities in Pittwater and Sydney harbour
Since the information provided on this website is intended for guidance only and in no way replaces the services of professional consultants on particular projects, no legal liability can or will be accepted for its use by Structural Concrete Industries (Aust) Pty Ltd.
The website is intended for use by professional personnel competent to evaluate the significance and limitations of its contents and who are able to accept responsibility for the application of the material and concepts this site contains.